Thursday, May 04, 2006


Dear Readers,

A friend of mine called me this evening in a real bind. There is a court order from her original state for therapy to reconcile her son to his father. They've settled on Wilmington, DE as a reasonable compromise if they can get the necessary services. Otherwise, she will be forced to miss large quantities of work to travel back to the original state for these meetings.

As you've surmised, the boy and his father have "issues" to work out. Does anyone out there know of any Delaware agencies that can provide supervised therapeutic services? As both parents are out of state, they understand that they will be financially liable.

Please advise, ASAP.

Thank you,

Anna Venger


At 5/05/2006 2:50 PM, Anonymous NosyNeighbor said...

Call Delaware Guidance Services for Children and Youth, Inc. 302-652-3948. They have very small fees ($5.00 per visit) for families without health insurance or the means to pay.

At 5/05/2006 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

try this site.... ....and call 1-877-898-9796
google search dr. mary lynch...
just a thought they have helped us in the past...very hard to explain the concept....but it WORKS..
blessings and prayers to all,

At 5/05/2006 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

try Pike Creek Psychological Center christian based

At 5/06/2006 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another option would be for your friend to call The Division of Child Mental Health Services here in Delaware, explain the situation, and ask an intake worker for recommendations. They can steer people in the right direction. Hope it works out well.

At 5/06/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous a well-wisher said...

I talked to a couple of friends. They suggested:

Hudson Center- offers supervised visitation

Try Diakon in Newport. It's a Lutheran social service agency that does family counselling
240 N. James Street
Newport, DE 19804
Phone: (302) 995-2002
Fax: (302) 995-2121

Hope this helps.

At 5/06/2006 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine is a counselor and she recommended: Upper Bay--a private agency. And State run--Child Mental Health. Also Robin Redman is a private counselor.

Hope this helps.

Dorie Hahn


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home