Monday, August 28, 2006

Senator Biden: My State was a Slave State

Sen. Biden Brags:


Oh, my gosh. I really don't think our state's past history as a slave state is something to brag about. Ugh. Will the fact that we had slavery here really make our Senator more palatable to Southerners as a Presidential candidate? I can't imagine.

I so wish Senator Biden would pause and think a minute before he speaks! This is hardly the first time he's opened mouth and inserted foot.

Hat tip to PolitaKid

UPDATE: Here's a link to the entire transcript.

And here's the transcript for this little clip, also from FoxNews:
WALLACE: And, finally, Senator Biden — finally, we've got about 30 seconds left, but I can't let you go without some politics. As we've mentioned, you're in South Carolina right now, on the campaign trial. Thirty seconds or less, what kind of a chance would a Northeastern liberal like Joe Biden stand in the South if you were running in Democratic primaries against southerners like Mark Warner and John Edwards.

BIDEN: Better than anybody else. You don't know my state. My state was a slave state. My state is a border state. My state has the eighth-largest black population in the country. My state is anything from a Northeast liberal state.

4 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe that the people of Delaware voted for this goof ball! Senator Biden should REALLY think about what he says before he opens his mouth. But there again, what can you expect from a Democrat?

 
At 8/28/2006 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it to be an odd comment, certainly. I do, however, think that good ole Blowhard Joe has said far worse in the guise of careful analysis that would never make the blog radar.

 
At 8/28/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Christopher R Taylor said...

Well, that was an odd choice to try to distinguish his state from the Northeast. I guess I understand the point he was trying to make, but it doesn't exactly demonstrate judgement that would qualify him for the office.

 
At 8/29/2006 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you repeat the Kid's depiction of this as bragging. Is that a fair assessment of the admitedly despicable statement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home