Friday, September 22, 2006

How Nerdy Are You?

I am nerdier than 48% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

Okay. I know what you all are thinking, especially those of you who have held my hand through html changes and patiently answered my stupid questions. You thinking to yourselves, "Anna Venger, half nerd? You've got to be kidding!" And you'd be right. (Though you have to admit; I am learning!)

Honestly, my answers were skewed in part because I have a hubby who is probably 100% nerd. We have lots of nerd paraphenalia around the house which factored into my answers a bit.

My boy is a nerd too. He came home from school one day and said, "Mommy, am I a nerd?"

I replied, "Well, of course, you are, darling. Why do you ask?"

Apparently he had been called that dreaded "n" word. We had a long talk about it, and I explained that I had married a nerd and there was nothing wrong with being one. Now being a dork is another thing altogether, but I didn't raise dorks!

Could I be an honorary nerd? Honestly, how many other people do you know who read through sporting events and who feel naked without a book in hand?

Thanks for this quiz goes to my friend, Carole, who is an engineer and much, much nerdier than I could ever hope to be. :-)

P.S. Carole and I were just discussing this whole nerd issue and we think there is a problem with terminology. Much of the test was geared toward more techie kinds of stuff. Isn't that more "geek" than "nerd"? A low geek score would actually make some sense since technology and I don't always get along well. I'm definitely not a gadget person. Using that definition, hubby is far more geeky than nerdy, though the boy is, well, still a nerd.

P.P.S. Mr. Venger's is 88%. I watched him get one wrong; he had the right answer and switched it. Oh, well.

2 Comments:

At 9/23/2006 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

29% scored higher (more nerdy), and 71% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Mid-Level Nerd. Wow, it takes a lot of hard nerdy practice to reach this level.

-----

This test is flawed. It doesn't even account for things like roleplaying games, Renaissance festivals, or anime!

:)

 
At 9/23/2006 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a charming post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home