Monday, January 28, 2008

Primary Blues

While I probably wouldn't have put it as Paul did, I just can't get worked up over these political campaigns either.

On the Left, we have the same message. Diversity, in this case, is merely different faces. Obama just seems the nicest and most sincere.

On the Right, it's clear who the media thinks we should vote for. McCain the Maverick or Huckabee--the two least likely to give the Left any competition on issues and ideas. McCain v. Hillary. What kind of race would that be? I don't see a lot of excitement among conservatives with McCain on the ticket. I heard or read somewhere that "Evangelicals don't like [McCain] because he's not one of them". Isn't that deep? Such insight! Apparently that "journalist" doesn't think the past has any bearing on the present. No mention of the fact that McCain was openly hostile to Christians a couple election cycles ago, or of any of the other betrayals of conservative belief he's committed over the years--McCain-Feingold and Amnesty to name two.

Huckabee can amuse, but can he govern? Probably as well as any liberal, I suppose.

Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney don't enthuse the base much either. And Ron Paul doesn't seem to get much attention. I talked with a Ron Paul supporter the other day who was very upset that Paul is painted as isolationist. Her reaction was the first bit of passion I've seen on the right for quite a while.

It doesn't look good for us.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1/28/2008 8:43 PM, Blogger Paul Smith Jr. said...

Believe me, I understand your problem with electile dysfunction. I sincerely hope you don't have a problem with that other thing.

If you do, you may need to have a talk with your husband...

 
At 1/28/2008 8:46 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

We are just fine over here, thank you very much!

 
At 1/29/2008 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor girl, Paul is an isolationist. He isn't being painted that way, he's for real that way.

 
At 1/29/2008 8:18 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

Which is kinda how the conversation started. I complained about McCain, she said Ron Paul, I said "But he's an isolationist." She said "No, that's just the media...." But she said it with passion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home