Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Word to the Wise

In a freakish minor mishap of the sort that could only happen to me, I discovered the slicing power of hard pretzels. We were on our way out the door, and I realized I hadn't eaten much. I grabbed a couple of multi-grained hard pretzels (hey, they're healthy and taste good too!) and dropped them into a baggie. With paraphernalia in one arm, I broke the hard pretzel with the other hand.

It was the pain that first alerted me to the Situation. The pretzel had sliced my thumb in two places!

Back into the house I went to search for the anti-biotic ointment which was not where it belonged (ooooooh, those kids!). Settling for iodine solution, I doctored myself and was on my way, once again nibbling on my hard pretzels but a bit more respectfully.

So a word to the wise----when eating hard pretzels, beware; they may bite back!

6 Comments:

At 7/15/2006 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to keep this under wraps. Otherwise we might not be allowed to take pretzels on planes anymore. :)

 
At 7/15/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Christopher R Taylor said...

Always stick to the big soft tasty warm fresh cooked pretzels with the big salt grains on them. No danger of slicing there :)

I just wish I could get good ones here on the West Coast. Hard to find a good deli here too.

 
At 7/15/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

Andy,

That was too funny! Thank you for the laugh. :)

CT,

I keep telling you you have to come East for a visit. Philly, DC, Williamsburg, lots of history out here. And hot soft pretzels too!

 
At 7/15/2006 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should probably remove the salt on those soft pretzels. The big kind is pretty sharp. You could probably dip them in salt water if you wanted to achieve a similar effect.

 
At 7/15/2006 11:29 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

Oh, gosh. Now everyone is going to be worried about me around sharp or potentially sharp objects. I never should have said anything! :)

 
At 7/16/2006 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful! Those keyboard keys have sharp edges! You might want to have your husband or kids file them down a bit to reduce risk of injury.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home