Saturday, October 14, 2006

I've Created a Monster

Heaven help us; I've created a monster.

First, Mike Matthews vowed to add that horrid pick-up line that I so roundly criticized to his repertoire.

Then he used the line on all his readers! Yee-gads!

Furthermore, in the very same post, he complained about Celia Cohen's chilly response to him.

All I have to say is: Dude! Didn't I tell you not to use that line on anyone? Why won't you listen? Did you use it on Cohen? Honestly, that would explain a lot! If you did, you deserved the sour expression she gave you.

*********
Seriously, Mike M. has a good summary of a press conference with Representative Mike Castle in Rockford Park complete with video clips of several questions and Castle's answers. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. I've got to say, while I don't always agree with Castle, it was good to see him up and about and communicative after his recent physical ordeal.

*********
One last thing...Paul Smith, Jr. had a better variation on that stupid "You need to bask in the warmth of a sexy man" line--something like, "You should bask in the glow of a mediocre man." He apparently knew someone who had utilized it and found it worked because it demonstrated a humble, self-effacing sense of humor, rather than rank arrogance. Of course, I haven't field tested it yet, so don't blame me if you use it and it fails to impress.

6 Comments:

At 10/14/2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna I about fell over when Mike described that line....I like Paul's version and I would respond to that if given the opportuniy!

 
At 10/15/2006 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the more frightening thing coming out of all of this is that your readership apparently consists almost entirely of desperate men with poor judgment!

 
At 10/15/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

Hmmm. Does that include yourself?

 
At 10/15/2006 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're talking about.

Woooo, woooo!

 
At 10/16/2006 5:22 AM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

lol :)

 
At 10/16/2006 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, who's desperate? I didn't use the line myself. I merely read about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home