Monday, August 06, 2007

The Catty Post

The Washington Post published a very uncomplimentary piece on Jeri Thompson. I don't recall it being customary to display such negativity toward spouses' of candidates, especially so early on, and I'm not going to repeat the spin here. I'm not all that concerned about a candidate's spouse anyway, unless she (or he) makes clear that she will be leading the country as a co-President. The article came across as high school girl catty, so I scrolled back to see the authors' names. I was shocked to find that the writers were male. Then again, it was the Washington Post. Perhaps finding catty guys on their staff shouldn't surprise me.

hattip: Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8/06/2007 11:01 AM, Blogger michele said...

You know, there have been quite a few comments from the guys about the presidential candidates' wives. Remember Joe Scarborough's comments about her being a stripper? mysoginists!

 
At 8/06/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

It must be this new generation of males. Cattiness used to be considered a negative "female trait". I've always hated cattiness in women; it's unbearable from men.

 
At 8/06/2007 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. What next?

Your 'about' is interesting. My dh and I have been conservatively minded for a long time, but over the past decade have started to express more libertarian views. Too bad the Southern Secessionist Party doesn't have a prayer - lol - Might be kinda fun - jk. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home