Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Heartbreaking Abuse

This kind of stuff just breaks my heart and turns my stomach.

LITCHFIELD, Conn. — A Torrington man and his girlfriend have been charged with risk of injury after a 3-year-old boy was found locked in a room in their home with a broken arm.

Police said the boy was forced to stay in the room for a month as punishment for swearing. He was allowed to leave only to use the toilet for a bowel movement. A 20-ounce soda bottle was provided when he had to urinate, according to the police report.

Source: FoxNews

For the life of me I cannot understand how people can live with themselves while abusing children. All that for a swear word which a three year old doesn't even understand. How cruel!

I remember when my boy was four or five. We were sitting together and talking. He stopped, examined a piece of lint on his sock and queried, "What the hell is that?"

Honestly, I had to stifle a laugh. He used it perfectly. So I asked where he'd heard the word. At school, of course. I explained that that was what we call a swear word and that many people consider it impolite so Mom and Dad don't talk that way (ahem, generally speaking) and would prefer that he not either. Then I told him he'd be hearing other words that would be considered impolite and that he should check with us for definitions and imput on any such words he heard that seemed different from the kind of vocabulary used in our home.

You know, we've never had a problem since.

So why couldn't that couple have handled the poor little three year old like that? Whackos!

1 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 2:46 PM, Blogger The Last Ephor said...

Can we break their arms and lock them up in a 6' X 8' cell with only a soda bottle? Sadly, these people will get their child back and raise him until he's full-blown felon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home