Friday, August 18, 2006

Even West Virginia Isn't Safe

At a West Virginia airport, a "twenty-eight year old woman of Pakistani descent" attempted to bring four liquid items in her carry-on, two of which tested positive for explosives residue. Source here.

I wonder if she is connected to a wider terrorist plot or is searching for her fifteen minutes of fame.

H/T: Right Wing News

UPDATE: It seems this incident was a false alarm. Thank goodness.

One bottle contained a gel-type facial cleanser, Killeen said.

"Anytime a prohibited item is brought to a checkpoint, then you are going to be immediately more interested in that bag," Kayser said.
from FoxNews

I truly sympathize with her. The new restrictions on liquids and gels will make it very difficult for women who wish to carry their toiletries with them in case their luggage is lost. Imagine being stranded someplace without toothpaste, facial cleanser, and moisturizers. Ugh. But I bet she didn't want her 15 minutes of fame this way! Poor thing.

P.S. I also really hate having to check my Swiss Army Knife as I hate to be without that too.

2 Comments:

At 8/18/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger AnonymousOpinion said...

Since hydrogen peroxide is present in a number of hair products - if a traveling bottle was once used for that, could that be enough to set a dog off and create a positive test?

 
At 8/18/2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

Good question. I don't know. I hope it was all just a mistake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home