Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yo, Remember to VOTE

Christopher Taylor of Word around the Net is instigating a "get out the vote" drive. All we hear about the upcoming election on the news is how voters are going to stay home this year and the Democrats will retake both houses. Ever get the impression that "they" want us to stay home? It seems to me that this "stay home" brainwashing is really directed toward conservative voters in particular.

Well, this conservative gal will not be staying home. Even if I have to alter my work schedule for the day, I'll be at the polls. I'll be the first to say that I'm not exactly thrilled with the lackluster performance of the Republicans the last couple years, but I don't believe staying home is the answer--because as bad as the Republicans have been, I think the alternative is worse.

Of course, I would prefer that the majority of citizens vote Right. That said, I would encourage all civic-minded citizens to vote, even if they are voting Wrong--er, I mean, Left. I do know my state, and we tend to go liberal. Oh well, that's democracy.

So go to the polls on Tuesday, November 7. Maybe I'll bump into you there.

update: yes, I fixed the typo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home