Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Serious Dating No-nos

Oh. My. Gosh. Now here's a dating story that does triple duty. First, it serves as a cautionary tale about how not to handle a date that did not produce the desired results, and second as a warning to procede slowly in relationships and not get all googly eyed early on as it can take a while before the "love interest" reveals his true self. Lastly, this could be a great concept for a movie script. Once again, I am reminded how blessed I am to have long since found the one with whom I am supposed to grow old.

Here's the background. Darren meets Joanne for a date through a dating service. They have a nice meal and seem to be hitting it off well enough that each is interested in seeing each other again, as we find out later. Joanne offers to split the bill, but Darren declines the offer. Darren tries to reach Joanne for another date, leaving a phone message. When Joanne, who is out of town, does not promptly return Darren's call, Darren, well, shows his true colors. In a way, Joanne is lucky as it might have taken a few more dates before she discovered what a jerk the guy is if she'd been home to answer the phone. The story would be funny if it weren't so unbelievable.

Check out PR. Differently for the full story complete with all emails and voice mails between the two of them.

Thanks to Paul of Gazizza.net for the link.

10 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger Christopher R Taylor said...

Some day I'll do a full length essay on this, but dating is just about the worst possible way to meet someone you want to form a romantic relationship with. What you need more than anything is to see the person when they are more normal, not putting on their best possible face. To see them interact with friends and strangers, to see what your friends and family think of them. Dating provides none of this.

 
At 7/26/2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

You're absolutely correct. I really hated the whole dating thing for that reason. It all seemed so phony. I hate phony.

 
At 7/26/2006 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

errggghhhh
I just wasted a few minutes engorged in that link....voyerism is so lame...
even into a Jdate fiasco.

I have a friend try that Jdating and nadda good came of it.

Better luck in a bar!!!

 
At 7/27/2006 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. When I was "dating" I would tell the gent to meet me out somewhere I knew my friends and I would be. And I would encourage him to bring friends along. That way you see them as they are -- comfortable and in their own element. Plus, it's safer!

 
At 7/27/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

NN,

Smart gal!

 
At 8/06/2006 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog and thanks for the laugh about dating. Absolutely unbelievable, but I'm sure there are plenty of women who have stories just as jaw-dropping! I know I've got a few. Thank God for rescuing me from the dating world when I met my husband!

 
At 12/04/2009 1:08 PM, Anonymous dating website said...

This is a great blog,this website provides very useful tips.we are going to add it to out free dating

website and college information blog dating website

.http://www.universityloveconnection.com/blog so our visitors can read your news,as you are a

reputable source.

 
At 9/13/2011 11:12 AM, Anonymous IT Services London said...

It's a sad story, I heard similar ones, what do you expect from a dating site, to find your love? don't think so.

 
At 12/29/2011 7:03 AM, Anonymous Buy Nexium online said...

When spring came Nancy returned to her former mistress, and her vacant throne remained unoccupied.

 
At 9/06/2012 12:37 AM, Anonymous african woman said...

Well, I can say that it's a common scenario happen if you will not be careful enough in meeting someone through online dating. So, if you want to have a nice and safer date, bring your friends along with you and also think 100 times before you will meet someone personally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home