Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Holiday



Here's where I spent my Thanksgiving holiday--in the foothills of the Appalachians with family and friends. Where'd you spend yours?

Traveling down wasn't too bad, until the rain hit. Driving in the storm was more disconcerting than usual, as we were listening to McCullough's "The Johnstown Flood" on CD. The trip home was better since the skies were clear. However, by that time they were searching for and trying to identify the dead, cleaning up, and attempting to affix blame--on the CD, that is.

The in-between part was best of all, of course. Lots of loved ones all about, laughter, merciless teasing from "siblings" (it's rumored that I smacked one in retaliation, but don't you believe it), kids running around who were actually very well behaved, cooking, cleaning, visiting a dairy farm and getting slimed by calves-- you know-- the whole holiday thing. Hope yours was great too.

3 Comments:

At 11/26/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Paul Smith Jr. said...

I believe you didn't hit anybody. If you haven't hit me yet, everybody's safe.

 
At 11/27/2006 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could see what the cows were thinking (you know I'm a serial cow mooer)...

it was.: hey, we're safe. They're cooking turkey.

 
At 11/27/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Beautifully picturesque, yes, even cows can be beautiful. :)

My family celebrated here, so much of what I saw was in a KITCHEN! Which was fun, actually, because I ENJOY that part of it (well, the cooking part, not so much so the cleaning part).

My family stayed only two nights, which left us "wanting more"...better than them overstaying and us wanting to get away from each other :). I always say, "guests are like fish...after three days they start stinkin'...".

Happy Monday :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home