Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Challenged

Strolling into a restaurant with a friend of mine, I remarked on his terrific directions and how proud I was of me for not messing them up, as I am directionally challenged.

He: "Directionally challenged?"
I: "Oh, yes. I really am."
He: "Is that the politically correct term?"
I: "Yeah, I think it is."
He: "That's rather ironic coming from you."
I: "Yeah, it is, isn't it."
He: "You know, there're politically correct terms for just about everything. What do 'they' call those of us who aren't politically correct?"
I: "I think they just call us 'a$$es'." *
He: "Yeah, that's about right. That's not really fair, is it? They should have a politically correct term for us too."

So he came up with "political-correctness challenged".

I like it. That's my new label. I'm political-correctness challenged. Anyone care to join me?

7 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that the politically correct are even more so......

 
At 1/15/2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Na, I'm just an A$$. LOL! Hubs is too.

 
At 1/15/2007 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So....what's the non-PC term for "directionally-challenged?"

Lost? Clueless? Don't-know-which-way-is-which?

Sometime [insert term]-challenged is just the most descriptive term available.

 
At 1/16/2007 8:07 AM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

You mean "directionally challenged" actually is the PC term? And here I thought I had just made that up years ago to be cute.

 
At 1/16/2007 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. The post suggested it was, and that got me wondering. I think it may just be the right way to say it.

 
At 1/16/2007 10:38 PM, Blogger Anna Venger said...

My apologies. I don't know if other people use the term or not. If you had been privy to the conversation as it had happened you would have heard my tone and seen my facial expressions and known I was funnin' you. My story is like a script, I guess, and could be interpreted differently than as I remember it in my mind.

But it is a good term, yes?

 
At 10/21/2023 2:59 PM, Anonymous Pie Sandwich said...

I enjoyed reading your blog thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home